Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Farewell to the Ackermans

We had a ward potluck to say goodbye to our friends, the Ackerman family. We already miss them so much! Dan was the bishop of our ward and was also my neurologist. Chrissy is a great friend and has been an incredible example to me over the 3 years I spent in her company. She was the Relief Society president when we first moved here and I served as her counselor for a while. I learned so much from her! I miss seeing her every Sunday. She was always a soothing presence for me. Their son, Jacob, is Matthew's closest friend from church. He loved spending time with Jake and misses him terribly. 

We had a great turnout for the potluck and I think it was a great way to send them off!



Here they are... Grace, Andrew, Chrissy, Dan, Lilly, and Jacob.



We were able to have Jake and Andrew come over for one final playdate before they moved. The boys played in the pool and had such a good time!



We took some fun pictures before they left.







It was hard watching Matthew get emotional and sad watching his friend leave. They moved a few days later. Matthew has had so many friends move in the past year. It's been heartbreaking for all of us.

No comments: