Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Utah pt. 2: Dixie's Wedding (The Temple)

We had a pretty early start on Friday morning. I went over to Dixie's house around 7:30am because the girl that was doing her hair was planning on doing my hair as soon as Dixie was done. Once my hair was done we got in the car and drove to Salt Lake City! Erik rode with us on the way and we took a few pictures before heading to the temple. It was such a beautiful day and I love how you can see the temple in the background.




It seemed like we had to wait around in the temple forever, but apparently that's per usual in the Salt Lake City temple that has hundreds of weddings/sealings on the weekends. The sealing room was fairly crowded and Dixie had family travel from so far to be there! It was beautiful. I think I speak for both Chris and I when I say that we felt so proud of the decisions Dixie had made and were so happy to be able to be there to support her.

My parents had brought our kids and they were dressed and waiting outside with everyone else before Dixie and Brad came out of the temple. I've never really quite understood this cultural practice where the couples walks out of the temple and everyone claps and takes pictures... But I suppose it's similar to when the couple is first introduced at a reception and everyone makes a big deal? Anyway, they looked adorable. And so happy.




Matthew and Aaron were so excited to see Dixie in her dress.



These kids love their Aunt Dixie!! I forgot Aaron's glasses that don't turn into sunglasses in the sun, so he's sporting sunglasses in most of these pictures... But he's still cute.



I met Dixie when she was 11. I don't have a sister, but I feel like I've been able to watch Dixie grow up and that's not something that always happens with a sister-in-law. I'm lucky!



These boys were fun to watch. They felt so special in their ties and boutonnieres! I'm so grateful that my parents came. We couldn't thank them enough. Their presence there and their willingness to take care of our kids for those 2 days while we stayed busy with wedding stuff allowed us to enjoy the wedding and have a stress-free time helping with everything. I can't imagine having to do it all and not have my parents there with my kids!





We stuck around for some pictures...





And we took a couple family pictures while we were all fancy...





All in all, it was a pretty awesome morning. I'll share the professional pictures in a future post.

No comments: