Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Our Day Trip to Central Park

Matthew watched Balto in his first grade classroom and since he saw the movie he started talking about wanting to see the Balto statue in Central Park. I took them to NYC before we went to Utah and we met up with our friends Kevin & Lisa Jones and their son Henry at Central Park. We braved driving to NYC, which is something that I really do not like to do. But it ended up being okay. We hit some crazy traffic before the Lincoln Tunnel, but we survived!



It was a beautiful day in Central Park. It was a bit overcast, but it wasn't too cold.



We walked to a playground with the Jones family and played for a bit. Then we had a snack on a park bench.



Matthew fed the pigeons some of his crackers.



Kevin entertained Matthew by climbing with him and playing ball. Matthew had fun!




Aaron loved spending time with Henry, and Matthew did too!




Kevin left and took Henry back to their apartment while Lisa walked us around and showed us a part of Central Park that I'd never been.



I was pretty shocked to see how many people stopped by the Balto statue! Apparently it's quite popular. Matthew was really excited to see it.




They were able to play for a bit even amidst the crowds. Matthew didn't want to leave.




It was fun watching Matthew admire it so much. 



We started to head back to where our car was when we stopped at either the Great Lawn or the Sheep Meadow. I can't remember which one we stopped at, but we stopped and had lunch on the grass. It was so great to see the sun that came out for a little while! Also, the view is so beautiful.





There was a man cutting the trees and the boys were watching him. He let them cut down a branch and showed them how to do it. He was such a nice man!



Before we headed back home I had Matthew take a picture of Lisa and I. We had a fun morning together! We didn't stay all day, but we stayed all morning and into the afternoon. We wanted to get home before rush hour. I'm glad we were able to go!


No comments: