Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

The Ataris concert

After posting on Facebook about being in NYC, an old friend commented on my post saying that I just missed The Atari's who were performing in a concert that night. I didn't realize this at the time, but he is drumming for the Atari's now! So he told us when the Philadelphia concert is and got us on the guest list so we could see the concert for free. 

We had a babysitter lined up, but the Atari's ended up playing an hour earlier than they were supposed to and we had to call a friend of mine to come babysit at the last minute until our babysitter Allison could get here. My friend Alyssa is amazing! I can't believe she dropped everything she was doing to come over. I'm so grateful!

The drive in to Philly was beautiful. I'll miss this skyline so much when we leave.



The Atari's played their entire album "Blue Skies, Broken Hearts... Next 12 Exits" and it was awesome. It's my favorite Atari's album and it was so surreal hearing those songs performed live again! 



Chris was never into the Atari's, but he went and enjoyed himself because he's awesome and wanted me to have a good time.



After the show we chatted with Nick for a bit before heading home. We had fun!

No comments: