Our new bishopric was called on June 21st. We thought Chris would be off the hook because he didn't get a call the whole week before and we knew that the bishop had already been called. We just didn't know who it was! I was hoping it would be Ed Reams because we think the world of him. But sure enough, Chris got the phone call on Saturday night to meet with the Stake President on Sunday morning and was called to be the first counselor to Bishop Ed Reams. Leo Menezes is the 2nd counselor.
It has been so great for Chris to serve with his friend Ed. Ed and his wife Liz are wonderful people from Virginia. Ed is the guy in charge of all the food services at Sesame Place, so we see him at work often as well. My boys love Ed.
So here's to another exciting year of church service. Our family has received countless blessings over the past 2 years and I know many of those blessings are a direct result of Chris's willingness to serve and put others before himself. I'm so proud of him.

No comments:
Post a Comment