Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Aaron's trip to the ER

After church a couple of months ago we had a special meeting about the BYU Pathways Program and I was in charge. With us only having one car, Chris stayed after with the boys until I was finished. As the meeting was wrapping up I heard a blood curdling scream coming from the hallway and I immediately knew it was Aaron. I went out to find that he had shut his little finger in a very, very thick wooden door. His finger was almost completely flat! I was certain that it was broken. He cried the entire way home. The only way I could get him to stop crying was to show him his minion and sing him songs. On the way to the hospital was a bit difficult, but he seemed to calm a bit when we got there. Miraculously the waiting room was empty. What a blessing!



You can't see much in this picture because his finger had already puffed back up, but it was pretty bad.





We had a pretty decent time waiting together watching Daddy's iPad and eating fruit by the foot.







The doctor came in and let us know that his x-rays were fine and that it was just a sprain. I was so relieved. We were sent home after being there for about 2-3 hours - which apparently is in fact a miracle because that hospital is known for its long ER wait times. We were feeling very blessed!


A couple days later and he was back to his normal, spunky self. Can't you tell?


No comments: