In the winter time I was starting to think that our apartment complex was just a temporary place for us. It's big enough for us at around 1,100 square feet, but it's still only 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. When summer hit and we had countless problems with our air conditioning unit, I started to think that we'd be moving soon. But then the joys of summer came with our pool, golf course, gorgeous river, and lots of grassy acreage and I realized that this place wasn't so bad. After complaining enough about our air conditioner, they're replacing it in the next couple of months. That will hopefully save us a lot of money on our electric bill next summer! We also got all our windows replaced this year and are getting a new sliding glass door soon. We signed our lease for another year still unsure whether or not we'd want to move, but now that Matthew has started kindergarten at such a great school we are absolutely staying here. We are really enjoying this place, even with all its quirks.
One rainy summer evening this summer we decided to go on a walk so the boys could splash in puddles.
Afterwards we came inside and made s'mores over our stove! Deeee-licious!
So here's to another joyous year at Salem Harbour Apartments! While I would love to have a 3rd bedroom, basement, and a backyard someday.... being in the Cornwells Elementary school boundaries has got us permanently placed here!




No comments:
Post a Comment