Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Arizona pt. 1: The Flight & our First Night in AZ!

Alright, folks. Prepare for an influx of blogs about our trip to Arizona! It's split up into around 13 parts. Yikes!

We opted for non-stop flights to Arizona this time around since our layovers last time were a bit stressful. It was nice knowing that I wasn't alone on this trip! I sat with the beast Aaron and Chris sat with Matthew in the row in front of us. Our flights left super early, so we had to wake the boys up at 4:30am. We had some friends say they were going to pick us up and give us a ride to the airport at 4:30am, but when 4:45am came around and they weren't answering their texts or phone calls we knew we had better just get going. We made a mad dash to get to the airport in time to catch our flight. Economy parking at the Philly airport is quite a ways away and we didn't plan for the extra time. We forgot Chris's backpack (I say "we," but really I was the last one upstairs so it's pretty much my fault), but we caught our flight. I felt like the family in Home Alone running through the airport. We barely made it in time and were one of the last people to board the plane. But we made it!!!

The flight wasn't too terrible. It was exhausting, but it was a lot easier with the boys being older and having Chris there. We brought plenty of stuff to keep them entertained. It's always funny to me what they actually use and just how much they ignore when we bring stuff for them. I feel like it's such a waste to bring stuff on board the plane that they don't use, but I'd rather have too much than too little.



Aaron got a bit creative with his fruit loops. Cute, right? He now does this with fruit loops and pretzels, and then he eats them.



My dad picked us up from the airport in Vegas and we headed to Kingman. It was pretty late in the afternoon for us, but we had high hopes that the lack of naps and going to bed at a normal time in our new time zone would help adjust. (It didn't, by the way.)

After a long, exhausting day Chris and I stopped by my friend Tyson's taco truck downtown. He and a guy I sang with in high school choir opened up shop in Kingman. We'd been wanting to try them for so long and finally had a chance! They were delicious. More on Tyson later.




After our kiddos went to sleep we went and saw Taylin! I couldn't wait until the morning. I had to see this cute little girl and her parents!





No comments: