Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Mother Daughter NYC pt. 9: West Village

I'd heard of Greenwich Village (or "The Village") from random movies and TV shows, but I never thought to see it. In doing research for this trip, I read that it's sort of the most unchanged NYC neighborhood. It's true! It's so quaint and feels so different from the huge skyscrapers you see in most places. I'm so glad we went!




We walked to a local bakery that is apparently pretty famous. Magnolia Bakery was so nice! Everything was beautiful and looked delicious.







It was so hard to decide what to get! So I got a lot.




While my mom was finishing up a work phone call, I took a break under cover of our broken $1 umbrella. Apparently she thought it was funny because she took a picture!



So the consensus on Magnolia Bakery? It was good. It was very unique. But the cupcakes felt too light for me and I wasn't a fan of the frosting. It seems that I'm a Sprinkles girl all the way when it comes to cupcakes!

Here are some more pictures of West Village.






After a long day of walking we had sore feet (even with my mom's brand new shoes - but that is a whole different story) and aching bodies, so we headed back to the whole for a bit before our 2nd night of Broadway!

1 comment:

Irene Duford said...

I LOVED it there. Totally different feel to New York.... Those chocolate cupcakes were my very favorite. I HAVE to go back there again :)