I was SO happy to have so many visitors while we were in Arizona! The day after we got into Kingman, so did my friend Amber Novak and her two kids. She drove all the way from Show Low to visit with us on Thursday. We went to the Mud Mania event in Kingman and then the kids played a bit at the park. We went to lunch with Danielle Turney afterwards before Amber headed home. So grateful that it worked out! I miss her so much. And her kids are just so sweet!
The next day I was able to get together with Liana, one of Kenny's friends. Matthew and Aaron think she is pretty great, so they were excited to go on a Sonic run with her! Everyone is pretty certain that she and Kenny will date when he comes home (in 4 MONTHS!!!) Crazy to think about all of that right now!
One of my dearest friends, Shannon Felder (and her boyfriend, Brett) came to visit us on Friday. They drove from Glendale/Phoenix and stayed the night in a hotel so that they could spend time with us. I was so flattered that people came from so far! Shannon and I have been friends for 24 years (since kindergarten). She moved away in 8th grade and I thought my life was over! Little did I know that we would keep in touch after all of these years and be able to spend time together like we had never been apart. She is one of the sweetest, most thoughtful people I know. I miss her dearly! We went to get tacos at Tyson's taco truck on Friday night. We spent such a long time outside just chatting away! Then the next morning we went to lunch and my parents watched our kids. I didn't want her to leave!
I was able to meet up with Loretta Buus for breakfast one morning at Starbucks. Loretta was like a second mom to me in elementary school. I have so many fond memories of sleepovers at her house with her daughter, Nicole, and all of our Manzanita friends. It was so nice being able to visit with her and catch up. She is a great woman and has gone through a lot in life.
In my free time I ate a lot of In-N-Out and drank a lot of neapolitan shakes!
I read a lot, too. I started the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series before we went to Arizona and finished the 5th book a couple of weeks after we got back!
I can't quite remember what Matthew and Chris were doing in this picture, but Aaron and I had some time to ourselves and we decided to spend it getting frozen yogurt!









1 comment:
Seriously, how do you stay so thin with all the In 'n Out?! Hahaha! I love Loretta...I had one of her grandsons in 1st grade. She is an AMAZING mother and grandmother!! :)
Post a Comment