Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

General Conference Fun

Twice a year, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has broadcasted meetings that are shown all over the world. We are able to listen to our prophet and the general leaders of the church in 5 separate sessions of General Conference. It is fantastic and I look forward to it every 6 months. The hard thing about it is that we have to find stuff to entertain our kids! They enjoyed conference this past April, but they would get bored after so long. So I set up little conference stations to keep them entertained. They worked well, for the most part. It was still tough, but it was a lot better with them than without them!









I will say that I was pretty impressed with how well we did as a family watching all of the sessions of conference. We took breaks between sessions and made sure we got outside a bit, but it was mostly spent indoors watching our TV so that we could tune in. That's tough on a 3 and 5 year old!









Apparently Peter Pan got a little worn out. Can you tell?




Then Chris went to keep him company and he had a smile on his face again.




One of the boys thought it would be funny to put one of our memory game cards on Chris's head when he was "resting his eyes."



By Sunday afternoon we let the boys watch movies or play games on our phones/iPad. They had been so well behaved. They earned it!




Conference was great. It filled my spiritual and emotional tank and I am so grateful for all the messages that were shared!

No comments: