Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pirates!

One of the things I wish I was better at is playing with my kids. I wish I could say that I was wonderful at it, but I'm not. I have a little pen holder in my dining room that says "Good Moms have messy kitchens, laundry piles, and happy kids." Well, that is not me. I have a clean kitchen, laundry unfolded in baskets (which drives my husband crazy), and semi-happy kids. I am not the typical stay-at-home mom right now. I'm in school. I have always been in school. I went from being a working at home mom, to a working out of the house mom, to stay at home mom in grad school. And now school is over for me (WOOHOO!!!) but I am now a working at home mom. I am so lucky I have that opportunity and I am going to try very, very hard to schedule my time so that when I'm not having to work, I am able to be with my kids. I know they need that from me. They need it so that I can teach them and love them and just be with them. But I'm not one of those moms where it just comes natural to do that. I want to be, so I am going to work on it.

This was one of those times that I put everything else aside and we played. We played Star Wars/Pirates and we all had a blast.








I need more times like this and so do my kids. So I will do better. Life is a work in progress and all I can do is be better in the future than I was in the past.



No comments: