Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The changing seasons...

Experiencing seasons here in Pennsylvania has been so different. In Flagstaff we get all four seasons, but I never really knew the meaning of the word evergreen until being here in Philly where there are almost NO pine trees. We were so spoiled in Flagstaff (and even in Kingman) with the abundance of pine trees that stay green year-round. Winter comes and it's not gorgeous, but it's not terribly ugly either. Winter here is barren. It's dark. It's sad. It's lonely. It's ugly. It's brown. It's dreary. And there is hardly any snow to make it beautiful! When there is snow, it's lovely....

The view from our balcony

By the time winter came to an end, my heart was longing for spring in a way that I have never experienced. "Spring fever" has a new meaning. It was fascinating to see the trees change so quickly. Each day there were new buds and patches of green on the trees. It was magnificent!

I take this road every day to drop Matthew off at school.
You can sort of see bits and pieces of green here and there.


Each new day blossoms would arrive on trees that were barren not even 3 weeks earlier. I couldn't believe it! Look at these blossoms!



What it did to my allergies is an entirely different subject, but it certainly was beautiful! Spring is now in full bloom. I need to take more pictures, but believe me what I say it is absolutely gorgeous!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I think it looks beautiful there! A lot better than our ugly brown desert scenery :)