Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Date Night: Phillies Temple University Student Night

Temple University had a student night at the Philadelphia Philles game back in April. Chris got us tickets from the school for super cheap. They were pretty horrible seats, but we still had a great time. We found sitters for the kids and finally got to go to a game by ourselves! It was a promising evening weather wise. It was beautiful outside!




When we first got to the ballpark we ate dinner. I was able to try Federal Donuts, which has been on my list of places to try for a couple of years. Their donuts are amazing and their fried chicken is so good!




I've never noticed the Mickey mouse at the ballpark before. I thought it was fun.



We went to our seats after walking around for a bit and then waited for the game to start. The Temple University School of Dentistry has an a cappella group (pretty cool for a bunch of dental students, right?!) and they sang the national anthem that night! It was fun watching our friend Jordan sing.




One things we noticed about our seats was the gorgeous view we had of Philly in the background (to the right of the Phillies sign). You can see the outline of the city much better in person, but I got a few good pictures of it.





It ended up being freezing that night. Baseball should never be cold! I had to continually talk myself out of buying a cheaply made $50 Phillies blanket just to keep warm - and I even had my big jacket!






We had such a nice date night at Citizens Bank Ball Park and I'm so glad we were able to attend a game with just the 2 of us!

No comments: