Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Matthew's 1st Grade Field Trip

The 1st graders at Matthew's school went on a field trip to the Elmwood Park Zoo. I wasn't going to go, but he wanted me to and him wanting me around probably won't last long... So we went. We carpooled with Mary and Sean's mom and Aaron and I tagged along with his group for the morning. It was hot, but it was fun! Right at the front of the zoo they have bald eagles, which are really cool to see.



Each class had a special time to go and listen to a show/presentation on the animals. We got to see a little mini owl. It was cool to see how they can turn their heads almost all the way around!




We took lots of fun pictures!



Matthew was in a group with Mia and James. They had a lot of fun together and were very nice to Aaron!




There weren't very many animals out at the Elmwood Park Zoo that day (it's also a really small zoo), but there were a few cool ones.



The kids were able to feed some of the animals in the barn.




We took a break to eat our lunch and then the kids played at the playground for about an hour before they headed back on the bus and back to school! I'm so glad I decided to go. It was worth it to be there and enjoy it with Matthew.

No comments: