Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Masonic Temple in Philly

Chris was able to leave school early and take a tour of the Philadelphia Masonic Temple, which is something that we've been wanting to do for a while. We were able to time it so that we were gone while both boys were in school. It was a beautiful day, too! Here we are in front of City Hall.




We were cutting it close to our tour time, so I didn't get any pictures of the exterior. But I took plenty inside! This is a picture of Solomon's Temple.




A lot of these other pictures are of artifacts that I thought were pretty cool.





This is the apron worn by George Washington!



And here are lots of pictures of the inside.






















Dan was the favorite in our tour guide's opinion and they were chatting a lot about England and such. When he found out we were LDS, he offered to have the librarian show us this 2nd edition Book of Mormon. It was really cool to see it up close and actually see the pages opened up! Apparently they get a lot of requests to see this book.






It was an informative tour and a very, very beautiful building. I'm glad we were able to do it!

No comments: