Spring is a glorious thing on the East coast after dreary, dead, and depressing winters. I never really understood the term "winter blues" until I lived here. In Flagstaff I experienced winter, but things there stay green because of the pine trees. Here things just die. Everything turns brown and dies. The sun doesn't really shine. It's hard after a while and just when I think I will go certifiably crazy from the winter weather, spring rears it's head and the world around me starts to wake up. Instead of browns and grays I see pinks, yellows, greens, and blues.
Flowers start to bloom...
The sun starts to shine and there are white, puffy clouds in the sky...
And I'm able to get out of the house! I took a lot of family photos at the Glen Foerd Mansion this spring and I loved being there, seeing all the beautiful trees and flowers and families.
We bought some happy little yard decor for the kids. They love seeing these spin in the wind!
The only downside the the spring? The allergies. Allergies were the worst they've ever been this year! I took a picture of our driveway one day when all the seeds had fallen from the trees. You can barely see any of the blacktop!
Regardless of how watery-eyed or sneezy I got during the spring, I didn't complain. I loved it. And I'm loving the summer. Rather than complain about being too hot, I'm just remembering all of those frigid days inside and I'm enjoying every second that is NOT winter!














1 comment:
I loooove your guys house!
Post a Comment