Mother's Day this year was very sweet and relaxing. To start it off, Matthew made me the cutest little card in school. It included a bookmark with his picture inside a flower he finger painted and it said "The pretty flower that you see was made for you by me! My finger made the flower part showing love from all my heart. Happy Mother's Day!"
On the morning of Mother's Day I was woken up by 3 handsome boys with breakfast in bed and the cutest little pictures and cards ever. Chris came up with this idea after seeing some "handimal" prints at Sesame Place. He had the boys trace their hands and turn them into animals for me. It was perfect. I couldn't have asked for anything better!!!!! Matthew and Aaron were so excited to wake me up with breakfast in bed. Their smiles were so bright!
After church on Sunday all the women were asked to go into the gym. The kids were kept in their classes and the women were treated to a lunch and some cake afterwards. We got to visit while the kids were kept busy and we were even serenaded by the violin!
I love Mother's Day. It's the one day out of the year where I feel like we have an opportunity to really feel the appreciation that our kids feel for us as moms. And I am lucky to have a husband and kids that make me feel so very special!




No comments:
Post a Comment