Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Overnight in NYC pt. 4: The Temple & Lunch

We made it to our morning session at the temple and it was beautiful. Afterwards we put our stuff in the little closet they have there (for people like us who need a place to keep their stuff while they explore or have other meetings) and we took a few pictures. This is inside the foyer when you open the door. 



Directly in front of the front doors is another set of doors that leads to the temple. There is a security desk beside those doors and to the right is a family history center and a set of elevators (along with some gorgeous artwork) that lead up to the church building that is inside the temple. 





It's absolutely crazy that when you walk out of the elevators, the building looks exactly like a church!

After the temple we waited around outside for our friend, Almam Akempta-Kargbo. He was Chris's "greenie" during his last transfer on his mission. Chris trained him and then headed home. I always liked Elder AK, which is what I used to call him, and it's been fun seeing him a couple of times when we have been in New York!

While we were waiting for him and Chris was on the phone with someone, I discovered these waffles. My nose actually discovered them. I hovered around the place for a while deciding whether or not I should try them, and then I caved. They were amazing. It's called Wafels & Dinges and if you are ever in New York, you must try them!



We waited a bit for Almam, but it was such a gorgeous day outside. I was soaking up every second of sun that I could!



This little square across from the Temple (and the Lincoln Center) is a cute little place. We sat here for a while and it was so nice!



Almam picked a delicious little deli called Europan next to the temple for lunch. I had a delicious pastrami sandwich. I will definitely eat there again! It was nice visiting with Almam and hearing all about school. He just finished school at Pace University where he studying communications media and film. He is my go to guy when I want a good review on a movie!



After lunch we walked to Central Park. I love the Upper West Side in Manhattan. It is lovely!



Thanks to Echo and Jason, we had an idea of where to enter Central Park in order to see what we wanted. Did I mention that my camera battery died? It did. So ALL of these pictures are with my phone. So sad, but at least I had something! Anyway, the tulips were beautiful. I was blown away by how gorgeous they were and just how many there were!




No comments: