Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

This study session is brought to you by...

I am happy to report that I am done with school and have no plans to return any time soon! I thoroughly enjoyed everything that I learned while studying English, but I just did not have the capacity to finish up. It was too much with Chris being in dental school and me being at home with the kids. I could barely keep up! 

When finals hit, I had a tough time concentrating and getting all of my papers written. This semester I took 3 courses. One was a Professional Writing course about how to write professional documents (last semester I took a Professional Editing course, so this class was about the writing rather than the editing) and I enjoyed it. It was simple, as those things come naturally to me, but it was a lot of work! Luckily this class didn't have a final project. My next class was a class called The Novel and Its Traditions. I didn't realize until the class started that its focus was on Gothic novels. I studied Sherlock Holmes: The Hound of the Baskervilles, Frankenstein, Jane Eyre, Rebecca, and some other (and rather foul) novels that I didn't like. Most of them were great, though! The next class I had was my graduate research class. I got to choose a novel and research it the entire semester. I chose Jane Eyre, since it's a favorite of mine. It was great being able to focus so much on an author and a text. But again, all of these classes were so much work

So it was a good thing that I discovered The Red Edition of Red Bull. It's cranberry flavored and let me tell you... this stuff saved me when I was staying up until 3am multiple nights trying to get my work done. I wouldn't recommend it for health reasons, but in a pinch this stuff sure does the trick!






No comments: