It's always hard for Matthew and Aaron when my parents leave and I know it's just as hard on my parents. I remember being that young and being heartbroken when I either left my grandparents' house or when they left ours. It's a sad thing to watch, but usually they turn it around pretty quickly.
The day that my parents left coincidentally happened to be the day that Chris left town unexpectedly. It was really hard for them, so we got out of the house! My parents left us an AMC gift card and I took them to see The Croods. It was such a cute movie and it was so nice to get out of the house for a while. I absolutely adore these boys. Sometimes I get too caught up in the stress of having 2 young boys so close together in age and I forget how much fun we can have together. It's nice to have reminders like this.
On another night (without Chris, of course) we went to a farewell dinner to a missionary who was serving in our ward when we moved in. He helped us and he was a great missionary! It was so fun to meet his parents and have a little get together to say goodbye. My kids love the missionaries. All of them are "missionary" rather than their specific names and it's pretty adorable. Elder Clinger was great to our family and we wish him the best of luck!



No comments:
Post a Comment