After spilling candied carrots on the front seat of our car during our church Easter party, I made some phone calls to try and find an affordable place to get it cleaned. I called a lot of places and they either wouldn't quote me a price until they saw the seat (meaning I would have to drive to multiple places with my kids that were quite a ways away), no one would answer, or they were way out of our price range. I finally found a place called Sparkle Car Wash and we took the car in. I was shocked at how inexpensive it was going to be. I paid $39 to have the entire inside and outside of the car washed, and they threw in the front seat cleaning for free. I was happy about that. Nowhere in my brain did the term "You get what you pay for" exist at that time. Until later. But I digress.
The boys had a blast watching all the cars go through the car wash.
We waited a long time for our car to be finished, so it was nice that they could run around the parking lot without having to worry about a bunch of cars coming.
When the car was done they had me look at the front seat. It looked good so we headed home. The next day, the stain was back and was just as hard and crusty as ever. I was so bummed and Chris was kind of upset about it. I was about to just give up and buy a seat cover, but we were due for some service on our car and I decided to ask the dealership. Since we spent a LOT of money getting our car serviced, the dealership cleaned our seat for free and now the stain is gone! Thank goodness. I'm so grateful it came out. I will never put food on the seat of the car again. I thought for sure with a lid on it, the food would be fine. But I was so wrong! So... lessons learned: 1) You almost always get what you pay for. 2) Don't put food on the seat of your car. 3) Take cute little kids with you when you get your car washed. They make it much more fun!




No comments:
Post a Comment