Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Overnight in NYC pt. 5: Central Park

One of the first thing we saw when we got to Central Park was Strawberry Fields and the John Lennon memorial/mosaic. It was crazy to see how many people were there and that it was an active memorial location. The flowers were fresh. There was a yellow submarine in the center. People were sitting there and looked like they were truly mourning the loss of John Lennon. Me, not being a Beatles fan, thought it was pretty intense and surprising. 





Our next stop was to find the fountain from the movie Enchanted. Yes, I know. It has a real name. But I can't remember what it is and we just called it the Enchanted fountain. 




There were some people playing music next to it. It was beautiful!



We headed to the Loeb Boathouse so that we could rent canoes/boats. That's all I wanted to do that day. Imagine my dismay when I realized that yes, we had enough cash for the boats, but we were about $6 short for the deposit. I didn't realize there would be a cash deposit and we spent our cash on dinner the night before. The closest ATM was too far away and I didn't want to bother with it. I was so bummed! We laid on the grass for a little while, though, and just enjoyed being outside.







I loved seeing all the contrasting colors. There were so many people outside enjoying the beautiful day!




I would say that our first trip to Central Park was a huge success. It was beautiful, the weather was perfect, and we were able to relax. We didn't even see 1/4 of what Central Park has to offer, but we had an amazing time!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Beautiful tulips!!!