When my parents were visiting in February we went to the Franklin Institute. My mom bought tickets for her and I to see the Titanic exhibit, but Matthew and Aaron were so exhausted and grumpy that I couldn't leave them with Chris and my dad and not feel bad about it. So we skipped Titanic knowing that eventually we got use the tickets another day. I thought I was going to have to purchase tickets to the Franklin Institute in order to use the Titanic tickets, so I didn't think I would ever go. I realized that the tickets actually got me in to both places, so I rushed to plan a trip before the exhibit went away!
I have always loved the Titanic. In 6th grade we did a thematic unit on the Titanic. We studied it, read about it, drew pictures of it, and then in middle school the movie came out. I still love that movie! In fact, when it came out in 3D Chris and I absolutely went and saw it. But I digress.
So I had a girls' night planned with my friend Lisa and I was trying to plan a trip to see the Titanic exhibit with my friend Angel. We combined it all and had a ladies' night that started with the Titanic exhibit and ended with some good food, late night walks in the city, and a visit to Lisa's new apartment!
Here is a picture of me and Angel before heading inside.
And one of my most favorite quotes...
"Genius without education is like silver in the mine." - Benjamin Franklin
I'm just a tad bit passionate about education.
I wasn't allowed to take any pictures inside the exhibit and I didn't feel like paying for the professional pictures of us on the grand staircase, so this is all I have. But it was a beautiful, emotional, and educational exhibit. I am so glad I was able to go! Thanks, Mom!
After Titanic we had dinner at Shake Shack. Minus the extra grease that Philly's Shake Shack seems to use, it was delicious.
Here are Lisa and Angel in front of the Comcast building, which is a super gorgeous building.
And here is Lisa at her new fancy apartment! It was fun seeing where she lives and imagining how life would be in the city.
A lot of women may not feel the same as me - or maybe the do and just don't do anything about it - but I need nights like this where I can socialize with other women and just get away for a bit. It doesn't have to be fancy or expensive... I just need to get out of the house and forget about all of my responsibilities and demands on my time for a bit. Once a month would be ideal, but I will certainly settle for any time that I can get. I am so lucky that Chris understands this need and encourages me to find time for myself - even if it's just heading to a movie alone after my kids go to bed. I am truly blessed with a great man in my life!







No comments:
Post a Comment